- Terrie's current wish list includes:
- historical (adults, young adults, and middle-grade) - please query before you send
- inspirational (adult, young adult, and middle-grade) - please query before you send
- literary that leans a bit to the commercial side (adult) - or is that commercial that leans a bit to the literary side?
- mainstream (adult)
- mystery, suspense, thriller (adult, young adult, and middle-grade)
- romance and upmarket women’s fiction (adult)
- pop culture
In Particular - updated - 2/14/18 - Happy Valentine's Day!
- Bring on stories set in the western USA (especially Colorado and Nebraska), UK (East Anglia and Cambridgeshire, and Scotland), and the Mediterranean. Give me Spain
(Costa del Sol), and Mallorca any day of the week.
Romance, Inspirational, and Women's Fiction
I read about a veteran-owned adventure business that featured extreme sports, extreme excursion, extreme activities, and extreme experience for PTSD overcomers and their families. I'd love to see such a place and/or characterization wound into a
really lovely Romance, RomCom, or Women's Fiction. Maybe it could even be included in Mystery.
I always want to see strong protags whose animals (dogs, horses, etc.) are an integral part of their lives. Does that include therapy animals? You bet!
Further, I'd like to see
- the Happily Ever After which involves slightly more mature issues
- senior animals in those stories, i.e.; rescue dogs and cats over puppies and kittens, senior horses, and such
- enduring love, or stories about characters who are old enough to know better (which could be 18 or 81) but who remain quietly thrilled by the belief that real
love is available for them.
- a character who is well aware of his or her ability to love and be loved. Everyone deserves to be loved, after all, and it's okay to know it.
- a "this isn't my first rodeo" sort of character, who's been close, but never really fallen in love. Maybe it's the "late
bloomer" whose never allowed herself to fall for that perfect someone, or maybe it's the character who's been too available with too many someones to fall for the person of his
Suspense, Thriller, and Mystery
- Supernatural mystery. Enough said.
- More procedurals
- Mean girls who think they're right. (Think on that.) Send them my way.
- More "how did they get into that mess and back out of it" stories
- Did you say you had a dog mystery? Bring it! ("Dog" is an inclusive word. Cats, parrots, etc. will all be given equal consideration.
- Have you read the newest by our Margaret Mizushima or by Louise Penny, Rachel Sargeant, Gregg Olson, Preston & Child, or the latest by our Jeff Nesbit? 2 Die 4 - Got one? Send
it! I'm also awaiting the newest by Christopher Rice and I adored the latest by Bonnie Hearn Hill.
- Real health, real empowerment
- Prescriptive that shows readers how to live their best lives, rather than stories about how the author "survived" since readers wonder about the "what's in it for
me" - provide it so I can publish it!
- Memoir from well-platformed musicians, actors, and others in the entertainment industry
- Real faith
- Still in search of authentic lifestyles, the unique take on homesteading, gardening, living off the land, etc.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -
In Particular - updated: 5/23/17
- Dogs, dogs, and more dogs. I want dog stories, dog mysteries, and dog memoir. Sit. Stay. and bring! Please note: "dog" is a generic term, according
to Meatball, our Director of Special Operations, who just so happens to be, ahem, a cat. The point is, I want great stories about exceptional animals.
- In search of domestic thrillers that make the hairs on my neck stand at attention.
- A unique take on homesteading, gardening, living off the land - most likely nonfiction.
- Pop culture: music, food, design - the real deal. If you've walked the walk, let's talk!
- The weakness of the week: As usual, anything to do with Colorado and the West.
Please keep an eye on MSWL, Twitter, and Facebook. You never know when she might ask for something new or specific.
Terrie Wolf @AKA_Terrie · 3w
In honor of #TalkLikeAPirateDay I'd like to see that #Romancethat makes me swoon for the swashbuckler, or giddy for the good guy. #mswl
Terrie Wolf @AKA_Terrie · Aug 27
Third time, still wonderful! I'd love to see something similar to My Name Is Bob. Dogs, cats, bring 'em! #MSWL NF
Terrie Wolf @AKA_Terrie · Jun 16
Once upon a time Dan Brown,
Robin Cook and Robert Ludlum sat down to tea. What did they write? That's the book I'd like to see. #MSWL
Terrie Wolf @AKA_Terrie · May 28
Sturgill! I want
him #PopCulture and I want his
story in your story #ADifferentHero #RisingStar NF or F #mswlhttps://t.co/LYRbvfDSQy
Terrie Wolf @AKA_Terrie · May 28
I said it and I meant
it. Tear jerker, gotta read it or I'll die #romance and use-my-brain chiller #mystery #mswlhttps://t.co/l38ewrU33s
Terrie Wolf @AKA_Terrie · Mar 23
Remember Cold Mountain? The
angst, the story, the characterization? I want that. #Historical or #Contemporary#MSWL
Terrie Wolf @AKA_Terrie · Feb 20
Hermoine may be dating the prince! Emma Watson looks to be dating Prince Harry and
that's my kind of story! #MSWLJust imagine!
Terrie Wolf @AKA_Terrie · Jan 16
Swooning. #NightChanges by @onedirection - I want that strong guy, "I believe in us"
story. #YA #NA #MSWL
Terrie Wolf @AKA_Terrie · Oct 23
Half a day later, a cup of
Italian Roast, and #AHSFX(American Horror Story) still has me. That's the impact I want. #MSWL
Terrie Wolf @AKA_Terrie · Apr 11 2014
It's an app, but if your
inspirational F/NF rivals the @ChipotleTweets The Scarecrow, I'm in. http://t.co/ulrHnVxQ6Q via @YouTube #MSWL